Vulnerability management is an elementary component of a protected IT infrastructure.
Digitalization not only opens numerous opportunities for companies, but also exposes them to significant security risks. Due to the strong increase in the number of cyber-attacks, data thefts and security breaches, sensitive information is being lost more and more frequently, creating significant risks for organizations. Vulnerabilities and security gaps of all kinds must be analyzed in order to uncover possible points of attack, systematically close them with adequate security measures and secure the company’s business operations in the long term.
Vulnerability management requires a consistent analysis of possible threats in both internal corporate networks and in the external environment. Appropriate technical and organizational measures can identify immediate threats and irregularities in the IT landscape. Vulnerabilities must be uncovered through systematic scanning. As part of a risk evaluation, a prioritization according to the degree of severity is carried out in order to quickly mitigate critical vulnerabilities. This requires systematic patch management to implement effective updates and minimize application disruption.
Vulnerability management implies the proactive creation of transparency.
EFS’s modular system of “Vulnerability Management” offers modules to increase the security level in companies in the long term and to ensure business operations.
We evaluate the current security level of the IT infrastructure as well as the maturity of the operational security processes and their key performance indicators (KPIs). This allows us to identify deficiencies, risks and optimization potentials and creates the basis for deriving a continuous vulnerability management approach.
- Analyzing and evaluating vulnerability management within the organization
- Initial identification of deficiencies, risks and definition of possible optimization potentials
- Derive a holistic and continuous vulnerability management approach
In order to implement vulnerability management in the organization, we calculate the required resources with customers and design an adequate communication and reporting structure.
- Identifying and calculating the resources required to implement vulnerability management
- Setting up the governance framework (organizational structures, roles, documentation systems)
- Conception of an adequate communication and reporting structure and support of the exchange between all parties involved
Mitigation of vulnerabilities
For efficient and sustainable reduction of your critical vulnerabilities, we prepare need-based measures with customers.
- Identifying and detailing measures for mitigating and eliminating vulnerabilities
- Improve operational security processes in close coordination with the responsible parties
- Designing and implementing comprehensive security KPIs to efficiently track the security level of the IT infrastructure
Monitoring the implementation
For the orderly deployment of the improved vulnerability management approach, we create routines for operational implementation.
- Planning the implementation of measures and ongoing adjustments
- Carrying out and accompanying the implementation of measures through regular exchange with the parties involved
- Monitoring the progress of measures and regular reporting to relevant stakeholders