Cloud Security Management
Securing the continuous availability of the cloud infrastructure as well as consideration of business relevance and economic viability.
Cloud computing is an indispensable driver for the digitization of business processes. Previously internal IT infrastructures can be outsourced and made accessible via the internet. This, however, leads to new security risks. Whether on computers in the office or on mobile devices, security incidents and suspicions are increasing. The risk of data loss, targeted hacker attacks and unauthorized access is omnipresent and threatens the business activities of companies.
A systematic cloud security management concept can reduce the attack surface and develop measures for the event of an incident. Appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate data can counter the security risks.
We work together with customers to develop a cloud security strategy adapted to their specific needs, considering the technical, process-related, as well as contractual framework requirements. By developing and implementing targeted contingency plans, we ensure business continuity for organizations.
EFS’s modular system for “Cloud Security Management” offers various modules to ensure the constant availability of cloud infrastructure in companies and to protect data in the long term.
Cloud security analysis
For transparent review and ranking of the current level of protection.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operational cloud security processes.
- Review of the implemented testing and identification measures
- Derive a suitable cloud security strategy and security-relevant fields of action
Cloud security approach
Define and develop a cloud security roadmap in line with requirements and the future.
- Utilizing synergies between the cloud strategy and the digitization- or corporate strategy.
- Including security and compliance requirements in the definition of the cloud security concept
- Establishing security lines for the use of cloud services
Cloud provider selection
Analyze, evaluate, and select appropriate cloud providers and target performance management and monitoring.
- Conduct a core performance analysis
- Evaluate and select suitable cloud providers based on identified compliance and security requirements
- Involvement and control of the providers in the following phase of cloud planning and defining the work packages
Establishing cloud security
Establishing appropriate cloud security structures to ensure the sustainable operation of the enterprise network.
- Defining and calculating the required resources for efficient implementation.
- Establishing a complete cloud security organization; defining roles and responsibilities
- Design of a suitable communication and reporting structure
Implement the defined measures considering linked systems, processes, and applications.
- Ensure cloud availability through targeted measures
- Securing the operation of the cloud security architecture by developing standardized cloud-specific security services
- Establish regular and ad-hoc controls to identify and prevent unauthorized cloud users, e.g.: Shadow IT
Cloud security monitoring
Identify the effectiveness of optimized cloud security and secure business operations through available cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure availability of cloud infrastructure and critical applications and workflows through effective emergency plans.
- Monitoring the progress of measures and regular reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Determining the sustainable effectiveness of cloud security