Business continuity ensures a rapid return to normal operations after a disruption or attack-related interruption.
The globalization and internationalization of the business world with outsourcing and the integration of numerous partners increase the degree of interdependencies and therefore the general risk of a business failure. This can affect infrastructure, partners, staff as well as hardware, software, and network. The possibility of catastrophic scenarios such as earthquakes, power failures or pandemics must be considered in any planning.
The digitization of business processes can make value creation much more efficient. At the same time, this increases the operational process dependency on IT services.
Within the scope of business continuity management, we develop strategies, processes, and measures to maintain IT operations in crisis situations or to ensure an orderly restart after a failure.
The fundamental goal of business continuity management is to reduce the risks and costs of crisis situations, e.g., due to production downtimes in corporate IT.
To achieve this, business-critical processes are flanked by suitable measures and procedures, depending on their degree of criticality, and supported by appropriate emergency concepts. Through the cooperation of all relevant stakeholders, we enable a rapid response capability in the event of a crisis.
EFS’s modular system for “Business Continuity” offers modules for maintaining or quickly restoring business operations, especially regarding IT, with reasonable effort.
Impact measures & analysis
To analyze the existing BCM system and identify business-critical vulnerabilities and potential weaknesses, we conduct a business impact analysis with our clients.
- Analyze and evaluate the existing business continuity management system.
- Identify business processes and their potential vulnerabilities
- Conduct a business impact analysis to determine the specific protection needs
Developing the BCM strategy
We select a business continuity strategy adapted to our client’s needs in order to ensure continuous business operations and resource availability. In the creation of strategies, plans and routines, we weigh the necessary protection against the effort required by our clients.
- Developing a business continuity management strategy adapted to the company’s needs
- Developing necessary measures and detailed plans for e.g. crisis management or emergency management
- Internal coordination of the strategy and all BCM related recovery plans
Establishing the BCM system
Together with our customers, we develop a roadmap for implementation, continuous improvement as well as long-term quality assurance of the BCM system.
- Implementing the BCM strategy and the planned measures
- Operationalize and document all processes and detailed plans for e.g. crisis management or emergency management
- Implementing routines and capacity building for independent ongoing processing of all BCM-relevant activities
Effectiveness & quality assurance
Testing or simulation exercises are conducted to verify the functionality of the BCM system. The goal is to ensure sustainable effectiveness of our customers’ business continuity management system.
- Setting up the monitoring of the continuous improvement process
- Planning and execution of tests or simulation exercises to verify the functionality of the BCM system and the detailed plans
- Establish quality assurance for the BCM system