Data Privacy & Protection
A data protection strategy provides transparency, control, and ensures that data is handled in accordance with business needs and legal requirements.
The aggregation and analysis of large amounts of data results in a massive increase in the importance of data security and data protection. The need of data protection measures is enshrined in law (e.g. EU-DSGVO) and subject to a binding legal framework. Failure to comply with the relevant requirements can result in penalties and even legal costs.
A well-organized data protection strategy provides the necessary overview for handling sensitive data. It also serves to raise awareness among employees about data protection and security requirements.
The integrity, privacy, and availability of data, as the basis for business activities, are ensured by a well-ordered data protection strategy. Continuous communication on data privacy & protection serves as a confidence-building measure both within and outside the company.
EFS’s modular system for “Data Privacy & Protection” offers different modules to ensure the necessary data protection and security with a reasonable amount of effort.
Data protection analysis
We identify and categorize processed data in order to perform an analysis of data protection requirements, data protection concepts and effectiveness of measures. This is done regarding the special protection of sensitive data from third parties.
- Identify the specific legal, market, and industry-specific data protection requirements
- Analyzing the current data protection concept and evaluating the effectiveness and compliance with requirements
- Identifying relevant data protection action fields
Holistic data protection concept
In order to ensure data integrity, confidentiality and availability, we develop a comprehensive concept for Data Privacy & Protection – taking content-related as well as organizational dimensions into account.
- Detailing a customized, comprehensive data protection concept
- Developing a set of rules for compliance-conform data processing
- Defining all necessary measures to ensure data privacy, integrity and availability
Implementing data protection
We define clear and transparent procedures for implementing an optimized data protection concept. This enables customers to respond quickly to data protection incidents and ensure a high level of protection for the company.
- Implementing a holistic data protection management system
- Adaptation and further development of operational data protection routines
- Defining and implementing internal and external collaboration models and reporting structures
Determining data security
We enable clients to increase the preventive resilience of the organization and ensure the sustainable effectiveness of the Data Privacy & Protection concept. This is achieved by creating the necessary awareness among employees regarding the handling of sensitive data.
- Monitoring and comparison of the measure progress as well as consistent and target group-oriented reporting to all stakeholders.
- Implementation of routines and procedures for regular review of data protection compliance
- Determining the effectiveness and fulfillment of the data protection concept