Updated standards for machinery in the EU
In the Official Journal of the European Union, new list of harmonized standards for Directive 2014/54/EU concerning machinery and other equipment was published.
The updated list is established in Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/1813, which amends Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/436 and repeals Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2015/27. Among the affected items are aircraft ground support equipment, cranes, mining tools, and other machinery.
Among the amendments to Decision (EU) 2019/436 are:
- The standard EN 12999:2011+A2:2018 Cranes — Loader cranes is replaced by the newer standard EN 12999:2020 of the same title.
- Amendment No 6 to EN 474-1:2006 is incorporated.
- The mention of EN 60745-2-13:2009 is updated.
- 24 new standards were added to Annex I.
- 28 new standards were added to Annex III.
Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/1813 is available online and can be accessed through the following (LINK).