Certification for electric vehicle charging equipment
A new draft Department Administrative Order has been published in the Philippines. It imposes a certification for electric vehicle charging equipment and stations.
The draft for “The New Technical Regulation Concerning the Mandatory Product Certification of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment and Station” was recently made available for public consultation. Comments will be accepted by the Bureau of Philippine Standards until the 20 November 2021.
The goal is to ensure that electric vehicle charging equipment and stations for charging electric road vehicle to be imported, manufactured, distributed, or sold in the Philippines meet the prescribed safety requirements.
The affected product groups mentioned in the draft are:
- AC electric vehicle charging station
- Accessories for AC electric vehicle charging station
- DC electric vehicle charging station (Isolated and Non-isolated)
- Accessories for DC electric vehicle charging station
The products will have to meet the Filipino PNS standards (based on the international IEC standards). To prove their compliance, one of the two conformity assessment procedures must be carried out:
– Philippine Standard (PS) Safety and/or Quality Certification Mark Licensing Scheme or
– Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) Certification Mark Scheme
Moreover, the Technical Regulation lays down detailed marking requirements including the PS Safety Mark with License Number (if PS certified) or ICC Sticker (if ICC certified).