Eurasian Economic Union | Automotive Product Compliance
Changes of EAC certification for vehicle components
The main legal act regulating vehicle type approval and EAC certification for components in the Eurasian Economic Union will be updated
Russia has announced a public consultation about an update of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On the safety of wheeled vehicles” (TR CU 018/2011), main legal act regulating vehicle type approval and EAC certification for components in the Eurasian Economic Union.
The changes will be applied throughout the whole long text of the Technical Regulation: over 80 different articles will be rephrased or amended. Also numerous appendices of the Technical Regulation will undergo modifications. The changes will cover, among others, such aspects as:
- Clarification of component conformity assessment procedures
- Clarification of provisions regarding the EAC label
- Clarification of the procedure for verifying compliance with technical regulations established for vehicles in the event of changes in their design
- Introduction of new UN Rules and amendments to existing UN Rules
- Bringing requirements for emergency call devices and systems in accordance with UN Regulation No. 144
- Eliminating the need to have a representative of the manufacturer in each member country of the Eurasian Economic Union
… and many others. To find out more about the amendments and the Russian EAC certification in general, do not hesitate to contact us.
For further Information on this topic please contact us!