Worldwide | Import
New 2022 Edition of Harmonized System (HS)
The World Customs Organization published amendments to the Harmonized System on 29th January 2020. 351 sets of amendments in total are expected to enter into force on 1st January 2022
On 29th January 2020, the World Customs Organization WCO released the 7th Edition of its Harmonized System (HS) nomenclature used for the uniform classification of goods traded internationally. This newest Edition comprises 351 sets of amendments to keep up with worldwide technological advancements and changes in international trade, and is a result of the collaboration between the Harmonized System Committee (HSC), the Harmonized System Review Sub-Committee (RSC) and the Scientific Sub-Committee (SSC).
The following sectors will undergo changes:
- the textile sector – 21 changes
- the transport sector – 22 changes
- the base metal sector – 27 changes
- the wood sector – 31 changes
- the chemical sector – 58 changes
- the machinery and electrical and electronic goods sector – 63 changes
- the agricultural, food and tobacco sectors – 77 changes
- other sectors – 52 changes.
Since there were no further objections by the 158 Contracting Parties to the HS Convention, the amendments are set to enter into force on 1st January 2022.
For further Information on this topic please contact us!