Jamaica | Toys
New Jamaican Standard Specification for Safety of toys
Jamaica has published several new standard specifications for safety of toys
The new standard specifications are mostly based on the international standard for toys ISO 8124.
Among the published specifications are:
- Specification for Safety of toys – Part 1 Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties
- Standard Specification for Safety of toys – Part 3 Migration of certain elements
- Standard Specification for Safety of toys – Part 4 Swings, slides and similar activity toys for indoor and outdoor family domestic use
- Standard Specification for Safety of toys – Part 6 Certain phthalate esters in toys and children’s products
- Standard Specification for Safety of toys – Part 7 Requirements and test methods for finger paints
The requirements apply to all toys, i.e. any product or material designed or clearly intended for use in play by children under 14 years of age. They are applicable to a toy as it is initially received by the consumer and, in addition, they apply after a toy is subjected to reasonably foreseeable conditions of normal use and abuse unless specifically noted otherwise.
For further information please contact our EFS Product Compliance Team.