Turkey | Electric & Electronic
New Turkish ecodesign and energy labelling requirements
Turkey recently published a Draft Regulation on Framework for Energy Labelling as well as several ecodesign and energy labelling regulations for specific product categories.
In spite of frequent political skirmishes with the EU, Turkey is continuously in the process of implementing EU legislation into its national law. Therefore, the Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology has published an Energy Efficiency Labeling Framework Regulation, based on the EU Energy Labeling Framework Regulation 2017/1369, as well as 12 draft Communiqués on ecodesign and energy labeling for different product categories.
The Communiqués in question are:
- Ecodesign requirements for refrigerating appliances
- Ecodesign requirements for servers and online data storage products
- Ecodesign requirements for electronic displays
- Ecodesign requirements for standby, off and networked standby mode electric power consumption of electrical and electronic household and office equipment
- Ecodesign requirements for computers and computer servers
- Ecodesign requirements for refrigerating appliances with a direct sales function
- Ecodesign requirements for household washing machines and household washer-dryers
- Ecodesign requirements of household dishwashers
- Energy labeling of refrigerating appliances
- Energy labeling of household washing machines and household washer-dryers
- Energy labeling of electronic displays
- Energy labeling of household dishwashers
For further information please contact the EFS Product Compliance team.