Saudi Arabia | Automotive Regulatory
New draft standards for road vehicles
Saudi Arabia published several new draft standards for road vehicles.
Saudi Arabia recently published seven new final draft standards for road vehicles. They are open for comments until 12 December 2020. The standards are:
- Road vehicles – Accelerator control systems
- Road vehicles – Controls, tell-tales and indicators
- Road vehicles – Flammability of interior materials
- Road vehicles – Impact protection for the driver from the steering control system
- Road vehicles – Windshield defrosting and defogging systems
- Road vehicles – Windshield wiping and washing systems
- Road vehicles – Transmission shift position sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect
Most of the standards are based on the American FMVSS standards. They may be subject to alteration and modification and may not be referred to as a Saudi Standard until approved by SASO.
For further Information on this topic please contact us!