Market Surveillance for Vehicles
The EU Commission published a draft delegated regulation laying down rules as regards functional requirements for market surveillance of vehicles.
The delegated regulation specifies the requirements from the Regulation (EU) 2018/858 on the approval and market surveillance of motor vehicles (the so called “Framework Regulation”). The draft Implementing Regulation includes:
– criteria to be used by each Market Surveillance Authority to determine the appropriate amount and type of compliance verification activities;
– a standard format that Market Surveillance Authorities must use to submit details of their planned market surveillance activities to the European Commission;
– a standard format that Market Surveillance Authorities must use to report the outcomes and findings from the compliance verification activities;
– a list of the data which manufacturers must make available to the European Commission to allow them to carry out compliance testing on their products;
– a list of data which manufacturers must make available to legitimate third-party organizations to allow them to carry out compliance testing on their products.
When finalized, the delegated regulation will enter into force on the twentieth day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union. It will be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.