Facts and Figures
EFS Consulting is one of the largest independent management consultancies in Austria. Founded in 1992, EFS Consulting currently employs around 300 people and works on projects worldwide.
Management: Christian Schaupp, Truls Thorstensen
Headquarters: Vienna, Austria
Joint Venture: EFS Consulting China Co., Ltd.
Joint Venture: D-ARIA
Shareholding: New Mobility Enterprise
Headcount: around 300 from 26 nations
Project regions: Europe, Asia, North America, South America
Certification in IT security: ISO 27001 | TISAX
“We speak automotive, and lots of other languages” – The roots of EFS Consulting are in the automotive sector. Starting from there, expertise has been built up in many other industries and areas.
Fields of competence
- Trends and Products, Strategy and Planning
- Brand and Characteristics
- Target Costing and Cost Down
- Modular Product and Production
- Value Chain – Sourcing, Supply, Production, Service
- Operational Excellence
- Digital Process and Service
- Digital Product and Production
EFS Consulting is more than consulting. Together with partners, we work on solutions for the future.
Insight project activities
- Sourcing volumes of 3 billion euros awarding of parts, tools, services
- Rollout of 3 global platforms – Vehicle and IT platforms
- Annual savings of 400 million Euros – material cost, R&D cost, IT cost, production cost, logistic cost
- 50 cross-functional workshops per week – at operational and management level
- Projects within 8 business areas and on 4 continents
- 98% customer satisfaction
- 80% follow-on project activities
EFS Consulting is a co-founder of the “Xuanyuan Award” – the first business-to-business award in the Chinese automotive industry. The best Chinese automobile of the year has been awarded in various categories annually since 2014.
EFS Consulting China Co., Ltd.
After many years of project work in China, EFS Consulting China Co., Ltd. was founded as a joint venture of EFS Consulting and SoCar. The company, in which EFS Consulting holds a majority stake of over 60%, has been formally registered and operational since 2018.
SoCar is China’s leading company for Big Data Analytics and thus appropriately complements the core topics of EFS on the Chinese market: Brand Definition, Product Positioning as well as Platform Management/Modularization.
D-ARIA stands for seamless, automated inventory processes by means of fully automated drones. The company was founded by EFS Consulting jointly with IVISO in September 2018.
New Mobility Enterprise
New Mobility Enterprise GmbH (NME) has set itself the goal of leveraging existing potential from electrification and digitization of transport. The company has been founded in 2018; EFS Consulting further intensified the cooperation in 2022 and acquired shares in the mobility start-up.